Sunday, February 12, 2012

My Sweet Side...


Oh joy, ‘tis the season for lovey-dovey bullshit. Before your love drunk brains begin jumping to conclusions, no, I’m not bitter because I don’t have a Valentine. Truth is, I’ve never been a huge fan of Valentine’s Day. It’s silly. I don’t like flowers…they die. I don’t want chocolate…it goes to my ass. Diamonds? Well…OK. But only if it’s a modest carat or five.

I will take this XOXO obsessed holiday as an opportunity to thank the ones I love, though. Consider this my Valentine to all of you who have held my hand and had my back these past couple of years. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. Prepare yourselves. I’m about to be real “deep.”

To my friends: YOU kept me afloat when I thought I was drowning. You accept me for exactly who I am (which is difficult, I admit), you laugh with me and cry with me, you give me confidence when I’m running low, and you make my heart swell with companionship when I feel alone. I’m eternally grateful to each one of you.

To my family: Thank you for seeing the big picture for me when I could not. Thank you for the confidence you instilled in me and the strength you gave me when I was weak. Thank you for ignoring my pride and being there to catch me anyway. Thank you for being there with me as I welcomed my Son into the world. Thank you for giving me the building blocks to becoming a good Mommy.

To my baby boy: Thank you for picking me to be your Mommy. I see the world in a completely different light with you in my life. You give me purpose. More importantly, you give me hope. I am a different and better person solely because of you. I will always be here when you open your eyes in the morning (and a zillion times throughout the night), My sweet boy.

3 comments:

  1. i, too, chose diamonds on vday ;) this will be our 3rd year of marriage! crazy! ;) i am happy to not celebrate vday... it is our day! :)

    oh, and i love you, too!!! ;)

    beautiful words, Momma! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno. Dark chocolate is supposed to be good for you, isn't it?

    Love you up to the moon!

    ReplyDelete